View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2008, 12:40 PM   #23
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Blue '08 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Allmayer Beck View Post
Old Man, Glad to hear that your cancer is in remission. Mine has been for four years so far. It is not surprising that so many motorcyclists are also into bicycles. The bicycle forum I participate in also has a lot of Vets and lots of motorcyclists. I have four bikes; a 2004 Eddie Merckx Scandium road bike, an Aluminum Fuji TT bike, a 30 year old Univega Comp. I restored, and a Touring bike I built from a Nashbar Frameset. I built all my bikes up from framesets. Went to Barnett school for bicycle mechanics. I will be looking for a motorcycle mechanics school or try to do an apprenticeship at a local shop. I like schools. Last winter I took a carpentry course at our vocational school. This winter I will learn welding. Got to keep the mind from getting stale.
Speaking of bikes, I have a early/mid 80's Pinarello, Record Equipe frame, with the Campagnolo Record group, exc fr deraileur, which is a S. Record because it is braze on. Haven't rode it much lately but I really used to ride ALOT. Tanned from mid thigh down, farmers tan on arms ex. hands, white with brown circles on the backs. But I haven't rode much since I enlisted and I do miss it. I could ride around the base I live on, but that would get boring after about 20 minutes or so. Going off base is iffy, I not in good riding shape, and either direction is downhill, and a rather steep hill coming home.

Glad to hear you are in remission. I have some experience with it myself. My father passed in 2000, 4 months after I got back from Korea. He had smoked for 33 yrs but had been quit for about 18. One of his brothers passed with it several years before him. I agree about keeping the mind busy, I try to do the same.

Later

NB
ninjabrewer is offline   Reply With Quote