View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2016, 05:36 PM   #1
garyg199
ninjette.org member

Name: Gary

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Bike not starting after carb clean

Hi there

Just bought a used 250 with 36 miles so it was pretty new. I was getting some performance issues with the acceleration not at 100% and it was bogging with WOT trying to get up passed 6-7k. Decided to pop the carb covers off without removing the carbs fully and clean the jets. I removed the needles , springs etc and stuck some wire down in the jets. Spray some carb cleaner and dropped some seafoam. The whole lot. Covered the carbs back up and tonight I tried to start it and it would begin to turn over for a second and then just nothing. Did I mess up somewhere? Did I not properly seat the needles or something? I'm not an expert on bikes and like I said this bike is very new to me. I do not have the tank on so I have the vac hoses open along with the gas line. I tried to funnel some gas in the carbs through the port where the line meets the carb. Do I have to have the tank on? Do I have to complete the vacuum process? What did I do? Please help! Sorry if this is a dumb question, once again I am a novice (with enough knowledge to do basic maintenance!)

Thanks!
garyg199 is offline   Reply With Quote