View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2016, 07:34 PM   #10
garyg199
ninjette.org member

Name: Gary

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

I understand that you need to pull them in order to properly clean them. However under time restraints I figured I would just pop the covers off and take a look and try to clean what I could instead of taking them off. The bike performed decently just with moderate performance decrease when acceleration. Mostly around the 6-8k rpm range. At this point however,I might as well just pull them being I have everything opened up. I pretty much did a "quick and dirty" clean. I was able to get to the jets though.

It was not sitting since 09 with fuel in it getting gummed up. The previous owner had last run it last October so he says. Yes, I haven't pulled the bowls off but otherwise things looks decent. Carb 1 had a bit more gunk in it but it really wasn't much. Needles were clean and in good shape. I'm going to start it up and see how it runs from what I have done this far. I'll probably end up pulling them after and getting into the bowls. Just want to see if I made any improvement by not taking them off.

Another question from a whoopsie I made...got the carb screws mixed up and forgot that they are different sizes. Does anyone know which ones go where?
garyg199 is offline   Reply With Quote