View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2016, 07:43 AM   #18
kxpower?
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jesse

Motorcycle(s): Ugly 89 frankenstien special ex250, and the "Zooks" : 1982 GS450 and 1979 GS1000

Ok let's try and get the discussion of diagnostics off the classifieds thread.

If it's just idling fast, honestly if it were me I'd just ride it. I'm not seeing this as a big problem, or what am I missing? I have a 21119-1233 igniter box, but the cover is pulled off meaning at some point I suspected it didn't work. You're more than welcome to it, but I have my doubts that it will help. All the igniter does is throw a "switch" to fire the coils; it should just either work or not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kxpower? View Post
OK so you have the 21119-1233? I had a few of these around, I may have the 21119-1233. I'll dig around in storage and see if I can put my hands on it tomorrow. I had to use the wrong one on mine, just re-pinned the connector on the harness and made a couple of jumpers. There's half a dozen different ignition module part numbers for various pre-gen model years.

I though you said in the other thread that you had corrected the problem? You couldn't get it to idle down? Could you re-state what exactly is wrong at the moment? I had a 5,000+ RPM idle on my gs450 (also a twin with CV carbs), and it turned out at some point I had knocked the butterflies out of sync. 15 minute bench sync and it purred like a kitten, after chasing the problem around for 2 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo1 View Post
Is there a way to re-wire my current system to use the CDI you sent? I guess I could just replace the whole harness.

I am trying to get the bike to run below 3k and/or idle. Still have not fixed the problem.

Two different sets of carbs and still have the same problem.