Thread: fear of riding?
View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2016, 03:05 PM   #30
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Jumping into this thread a bit late but here's my 2 cents

It's perfectly natural for people who care about you to be worried as you begin riding, it is a very dangerous activity after all. My family had much stress about me riding when I first began and I can understand why. Deep down you can understand why as well but you chose to begin riding because you enjoy it, you chose to ride for yourself rather than for someone else.

As for your age, everyone is different and begins doing things at different points in their lives. To begin riding at your age has its advantages, one of the best ones being a mature approach to riding allowing personal safety to be of higher concern.

When it comes to emergency contacts, I always have an emergency contact card on me. The way I see it, if I end up in a situation where I am in critical condition I want those important to me to know about it.

other notes:
-you have plenty of time ahead of you to ride, don't worry about your bike wasting away until you have some training under your belt.
-Rossi is 5'11" fools, though he is 135lbs
-commuting bike only has its downsides so it's nice to drive every once in a while even when you have the bike

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.