View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2016, 04:31 PM   #7242
wendyjboss
wendyjboss

Name: wendyjboss

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Honda CBR 500RF (On its way), 2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (sold)

These things happen, please don't be too over urgent. Use your enthusiasm wisely. When I was starting out, I knew I wasn't ready for commuting when I started out from a parking lot and tried to make a left turn. Had it in 2nd by accident and ran straight across the road, thankfully into another parking lot. (And I had already completed the MSF course.-) There's some initial nervousness that contributes to it, but mostly it's related to learning everything new.
This time is as much about making mistakes and building good habits as the sheer joy of riding. We do it despite that rush of fear. Maybe it's the adrenaline....
Make sure you take that MSF course and be safe. Make sure your bike is working correctly. I became quite the mechanic since buying my moto last year. There are lots of helpful videos on You-Tube. Make sure you follow the instructions and do get yourself some torque wrenches. You don't want stuff rattling loose.
Ride safe and have fun.
wendyjboss is offline   Reply With Quote