View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2016, 08:57 PM   #41
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
When it comes to insurance, I understand dropping collision to save money as it tends to be a rip off on bikes anyway. Comprehensive, liability, and under-insured motorist are where the money does need to go for best coverage. Especially under-insured motorist, the last thing you need is someone without insurance ramming you and then you get ****ed long term because your insurance couldn't cover the procedures you needed to continue a normal life all because you "saved" a few dollars a month.

But that's just my view on insurance and risk, I grew up with my dad working for state farm so I've seen the endless stream of people who didn't have the right coverage and what happened to them. It isn't pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by snot View Post
My 300 full coverage 500 deductable....$89.00 a year...
Not bad, you do have some advantages that I don't have. I am a young male under the age of 25 (my insurance will continue to go down each year until then when I get a huge spike in reduced pricing) I also have a bit of a record which will cease to exist around the same time I turn 25 which will cause another spike in reduced pricing. Basically I'm paying 4x what I should be because I'm a statistical risk (for good reason hahaha)