View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2009, 10:57 PM   #162
kkim

okay, you struck at the very reason I started this post. Yes, I know there are some that feel a post like this is useless and it's none of anyone business but theirs, but nothing anyone could say would change that locked way of thinking.

The thread was started to help beginner riders know that gearing up should be a mandatory safety precaution that everyone who rides should subscribe to. If making a new rider aware of this helps to prevent them injury in a mishap, I feel the other retorts are well worth it.

The main reason was the lack of riding pants I saw many forgo as a supplemental piece of riding gear. Somehow, it is always the last to be purchased and most times people who crash end up with knee/leg injuries.

While I fully understand that no amount of riding gear will ever prevent you from getting hurt, it is my belief you will suffer less damage with gear on than without when in a crash.

As for parents and their roles in guiding their children properly... not all are equipped with the experience and knowledge in every area needed when their child need advice/help. I feel an obligation to help in that regards to the newer riders on the board and openly pass on what I can from my years to help the learning process go smoother and with more success. Those who argue that they need to learn on their own and don't need anyone telling them what to do really don't see the big picture and perhaps never will.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote