View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2009, 11:37 PM   #163
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1prototype View Post
For example: When I first bought my bike and gear I took a fishing trip with a friend of mine to Wisconsin, the mecca of Harley riders. Within the two day trip I saw at least 90/100 Harley riders riding with only jeans and a t-shirt (men and women included). Compared to that I have to say on a positive note out of the 20 sport bikes I saw at least 10 of those people had gear on. I know it isn't much butter but there seems to be at least a better trend for those on sport bikes to wear gear compared to the cruiser scene.
Gear is part of the sport bike look. No gear is part of the cruiser/chopper look. That Geico commercial where the cavemen show up wearing full gear (jumpsuits and full-face helmets) always looks a little weird... like they should be riding sport bikes but, hey, they're an insurance company. They want to appeal to cruiser customers and they also want to promote safety (less money to pay out in a crash!). While I would promote ATGATT to cruiser guys also, they are statistically less likely to be a thrill-seeking dare-devil and, therefore, more likely to ride responsibly in nearly every other way. Unfortunately, motorcycling also attracts the thrill-seeking dare-devil type of rider and it skews the safety statistics and raises rates for all of us.

I'll be wearing mine and begging others to wear theirs.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote