View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2016, 02:10 PM   #27
ninja-turtle
ninjette.org member

Name: El Jefe

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macharity View Post
Hey everyone, I just recently acquired my first bike an 09 250R and coming from a family with a love for racing I'm looking forward to getting out to some track days sometime later this summer. I'm not one to turn down advice so feel free to share!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finesse View Post
Hey, I'm just outside DC, in Maryland. Welcome and congrats on the bike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaFish View Post
And I'm just outside DC in the other direction, across the river.

Welcome
Quote:
Originally Posted by toEleven View Post
Having just come back from Summit Point, I agree! Why wait until later in the summer to hit the track? It's eerie and awesome to have a wet track all to yourself. The 5 or so ninjettes that showed up were a serious percentage of the entire field today. You should join us!Also, if you go through the trouble of buying plugs, make sure you actually drill the holes in your belly pan and install them. The inch+ of water that collected in mine is not the sort of ballast I really wanted .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanikrazy View Post
Welcome! Like toEleven has said, there is a pretty good number of ninjette folk in the DMV region. Odds are, you will find 250s and 300s at any of the trackdays you might consider.

If you're unsure of the whole track thing, most providers offer a sampler or street ride option. This might be two sessions in the morning or a lunch time parade lap for free. Think of it like a free sample from the dealer to get you addicted. Also, even if people in the puts look like they're off in their own little world, almost everyone is always friendly and open to talking if you approach them.

Welcome to Ninjette and the kawi family! A lot of ninja 250/300 riders in the DMV area are pretty tight knit and keep in contact for track days and races. We would absolutely love getting you on the track for your first time and helping you become a better rider. Most of us stay in contact through Facebook for events etc. You can find us by searching DCRIDEIT or going here > https://www.facebook.com/groups/DCRIDEIT

Feel free to join us and post up your favorite pic of your bike and a quick intro. Hope to get you out there on the track with the rest of us soon!
ninja-turtle is offline   Reply With Quote