View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2016, 08:36 PM   #12
wendyjboss
wendyjboss

Name: wendyjboss

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Honda CBR 500RF (On its way), 2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (sold)

I bought the vinyl at a fabric store. I had planned to use it to reupholster some bar stools ... so I figured it was reasonably good quality. Often those stores have remnants of fabrics and can be had very reasonably.

If you go that route, make sure the vinyl you buy is slightly stretchy. It will help to get it to conform to the seat.

Keep in mind that it needs to be water repellant too. I think that is generally a quality of all vinyl, but that some are more water repellant than others. I tested mine by dripping water on the seat, but I'm still going to treat it with something as soon as I get around to finding a water repellant that is rated for vinyl. A lot of the popular repellants for outdoor clothing and such is not rated for vinyl. I might just armor-all it regularly until I find what I want. It's a precaution that I'm taking just because I did not use marine grade vinyl.

I'm very happy with the way my seat turned out. It's less slippery than the stock cover, and more comfortable even though I didn't do any mods underneath to the foam.
wendyjboss is offline   Reply With Quote