View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2016, 05:05 AM   #52
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigballsofpaint View Post
If my ducati ever leaves me bikeless at the track, it will more than likely get fixed and sold for something else shortly thereafter. Like that guy in the AM who showed up and ran one session, said his bike didn't like the wet so packed up his ducati and went home....ya right. Its a tool that has a function, and if it cant do that then I will move onto another. This is assuming ive maintained it well....which up to now I have.
I know its all fun to bust on my 748 and me. Ducati's have a bit of a rep as being delicate but lets not forget that the 748 had a bent connecting rod and a motor full of water and sludge when I bought it for $1200. It is incredible I have done 3 track days on that motor already and all that has failed is the cam bearing. $39 for parts to repair it is still pretty good. You have my permission to be brutal if I cant get it going for the Ohio trip but none of you can even say anything negative about the 999! That bike has been rock solid for multiple track days and road miles

Chris,
You are more than welcome to take the 9 0r 748 out for a session anytime we are at the track together. That is an open invitation to you and the least I could do for the person who has helped me out without asking anything in return
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote