View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2009, 11:53 AM   #164
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
As for parents and their roles in guiding their children properly... not all are equipped with the experience and knowledge in every area needed when their child need advice/help.
So true Kelly. I would suggest that if a parent does a reasonably good job of instilling the process of right and wrong, consequences for actions, don't follow the heard, and think before you act into their children that even when faced with situations and areas neither has the experience or knowledge for, there just might be the old "transference of skills" and one or the other might realize they need to seek out an expert (like Kelly ) before they make their big decision.

Quote:
I feel an obligation to help in that regards to the newer riders on the board and openly pass on what I can from my years to help the learning process go smoother and with more success.
And I can attest from my own situation you do that better than anyone I know and in a manner that is of a teacher and not a lecturer. Have I said thank you lately?

Quote:
Those who argue that they need to learn on their own and don't need anyone telling them what to do really don't see the big picture and perhaps never will.
Sadly these are the ones that all we can offer is hope and prayers that things will turn out OK.