View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2016, 09:31 PM   #1
ninjapanda
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Israel

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 252, Honda VTX 1800, Vulcan 1500, Honda Shadow ACE 1100

Ninja 300 Motor in a Pregen 250.

Had a 2007 250 with a blown motor and was offered a running 2014 Ninja 300 motor dirt cheap, so I decided to combine them. Have already mounted the 300 motor in the 250 frame, wasn't too bad, all but 1 mount (the top front) met up perfectly .

Using the 300 wiring harness and the 250 ignition, also using the fi system from the 300 of course, it barely fits, but it does fit. The old battery is now way too small and the old battery box had to go. Made a new one out of vinyl ester and have it mounted much further back.

I am trying to keep it as original to the 2007 as possible when it comes to controls and gauges. The throttle and kill switch have been pretty much plug and play.

The stuff I need to finish .

The fuel pump I am using is from a txr500 ( I read about it on this site) I plan to mount that in the rear plastics.

The Wiring diagram sorta sucks hard for the 300. It list the wires, their color, not their purpose when it comes to the gauge cluster. I am using the 250's gauges, so the speedo is staying mechanical, but I have no idea about the rest of the stuff.

I plan to slightly modify the tank by adding a float sender and a removing the petcock adding a few dedicated ports.

If anyone has any suggestions or pointers it would be greatly appreciated.

Especially in regards to the 300's cluster wiring.

Also I'll post picture later.
ninjapanda is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.