View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2016, 08:05 AM   #38
juliusmichaelhonrada
ninjette.org guru

Name: Julius Michael

Motorcycle(s): GPX250-RII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
Consider that there are two turns of the crankshaft for each turn of the camshafts.
For that reason, you will see misalignment of the marks in the cam sprockets for one position of the crankshaft at #2 piston TDC.

What year is your engine?
If pre 2008, read this:

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=147316

that exact same thing happened to me , i already adjusted the in and ex mark facing the cylinder head surface and with 33 links visible , i found out the previous owner swapped the intake cam to the exhaust cam so i have to remove everything.

i double checked everything tried to turn the crank no loud bangs , all rocker arms in place , all have play , flywheel in 2T mark , IN/EX mark in head surface , but then it failed to start now , not even a Sputtering when turning the choke on , i checked the carb bowl if its getting fuel by removing the drain screw and lots of fuel came out , i dont wanna give up now but i feel so tired and sad but tomorrow i will double check everything .... i have this huge feeling that i messed up the timing because there is a serial number in the flywheel that looks like a 2T mark, Its actually 21 . and there is also a 2H mark , my cant see that much from the red oil thats covering the flywheel and the sun flaring up above me so my last shot tomorrow
juliusmichaelhonrada is offline   Reply With Quote