View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2016, 07:26 PM   #2
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

There was a great article on Revzilla Common Tread today...

http://www.revzilla.com/common-tread...replica-doomed

Yeah it's good and bad. I think mostly good if you are mainly a street rider. When I first started riding back in 2011 there were not many choices for beginner riders and of course dealerships would always try to sell new riders the 600cc supersports. This meant a lot of new riders probably crashed these 100+ hp rockets ending their riding careers or their lives. This is not good for sustainability.

Starting out on small displacement bikes is the best way to get riders and keep riders if you ask me. I hope that the recent push of smaller CC bikes from manufacturers is helping get more folks on motorcycles.

I'm no track rider so I can't say how these changes will effect all that but I feel like it's not a shock to many that Honda might discontinue the CBR600RR . I recently went to the MotoAmerica races at Barber and I think only one Honda bike was racing. Honda seems to have given up on the racing.

It's interesting to see what will happen with the middleweights. It seems all the companies are totally focused on liter bikes (except Honda). I've never raced, but making the jump from a KTM390 to a liter bike seems like a difficult transition. I think the 600's will have to stick around for racing. Even if it means another 8 years of the same Yamaha R6.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote