Old July 9th, 2016, 12:24 PM   #10
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post

My racecraft is very weak, typically it takes me a lot of effort to pass people after I catch them, even if I catch them quickly. Much of that is due to me having less comfort being off line as well as not being able to perfectly predict each rider's movements like you said. I suppose a lot of that is due to almost completely ignoring the rider and focusing on the track to ride as fast as I can up until I get to them
Are you talking track days or racing (many track day riders are just there for fun)?
I would pass track day riders coming out of the turns and race day riders going into the turn. Whether you pass inside or outside depends on the turn. If you catch a rider and don't pass them right away they know you are there and usually are thinking of you besides their line on the track. A track day rider could get flustered and a race day rider might try to block. Either way make your commitment and stick to it. If you caught them that fast you have the advantage of passing before they know you are there. Just make sure you are not going to take both you and them out.

If you do track days try riding off line, coming in to a turn wide and also coming in tight. Just remember coming in tight and pasing on the inside could cause a wide exit or tucking the front end and hitting the rider you are passing.