View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2016, 10:28 PM   #11
Ghostt
in your machine

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

MOTM - Jun '17, May '16, Mar '15
Just get whatever Barnett sells for the NewGen, you'll be fine.

The only reason I went with the Barnett for the,: ZX600, is it's already been tested and proven for the EX500, and I've done this to my 91 EX, and a must do upgrade IMHO, along with other over at EX-500.com

http://www.ex-500.com/wiki/index.php...gs_Replacement

knowing that the EX and PreGen uses the same springs, I just went with what I know worked.

SIDENOTE: @rojoracing53 have you checked your springs lately? I'm really surprised that it's not a must do upgrade to change them out with a better/heavier springs like the Barnett springs, knowing how weak they are from the factory?

Then again I'm not familiar with NewGen, as much as I am with PreGen, which are weak ass from the factory.

What I do know is that NewGen springs only fit the NewGen, unlike the PreGen, which Kawasaki used in other models according to part # fitment.

For the PreGen the friction and steels are pretty much bulletproof, as Kawasaki does use them in the bigger bikes, like the ZX1000, etc... The weak link is the springs for the PreGen.

Maybe Kawasaki corrected this with the NewGen, as it seems the parts are only used in the NewGen.

ZX-2R BLOG
Twitter and Instagram = Ghostt_Scott
I'm not here to change your mind, just to inform.
Ghostt is offline   Reply With Quote