View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2016, 04:42 AM   #34
Racer x
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
Yesterday I went out on the highway. 70 mph speed limit and wide streight flat roads of Iowa. The 282cc engine runs hotter than a stock engine.
This is the first time I have ridden this bike set up on a super slab and over all it felt great. But the radiator is smaller than the stock one and made of brass not aluminum. So at 75-89 mph for two or three miles I watched the temp climb to 205-209 deg. When I let off it went streight back to 199-200 which is normal for street cruising. Though the stock engine ran at 189 .
The radiator is designed for aerodynamics and to fit inside a closed fairing. Then only ride one mile. So I don't feel bad that it is not the best or most efficient cooling radiator. I don't think I will change it. But I might look at rejetting the carbs one jet richer to see if that change the normal riding temp at all.

The power felt very good. From 60 I could leave traffic way behind just by turning the throttle. And it pulled smooth up to the 90. Going past tractor trailers felt good. The riding position is classic flat back tuck . The now empty aluminum tank lowers the center of gravity. So the bike is stable. I did not feel and air blast passing trucks. Cars are all cruising st 75 plus so I was bairly going faster than the flow. Just zipping past the trucks.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.