Old August 8th, 2016, 03:30 PM   #114
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroGravity360 View Post
*sigh* at this point I am just feeling defeated. I feel like I cant win... Problem after problem with my bike...
No! We learn through failure. It sucks, it's expensive, and it's tiring; but it always works. You'll get this thing fixed, you'll know in the future what questions to ask and what red flags to look for. Plus, once you take that damaged tire off, you can keep it somewhere because old tires make bases for setting down your tank when you take it off the bike and need to put it somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinNinja View Post
I've been working on motorcycles for 20+ years now.

I have someone else change my tires.
^^^this. For real though. Tires are a black box for me too. They just go on the bike and I don't want anything to do with changing them.

ZG360, it's totally okay to have black box items on your car or motorcycle now and again. For me, it's tires and transmissions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
EVERY SINGLE ONE of us that have posted in this thread have had our fair share of issues over the years and know exactly how you feel now. It's exactly how many riders feel when the sun is shining and they can't ride.
Bro. I have a really expensive piece of paper from a lovely university that says that I'm qualified to be called "smart". (whatever actually being smart feels like, I'm not entirely sure... ) Wanna know what I've been fighting with for the last 2 months? A G-D bicycle of all things. I cannot, for the life of me, get it to stop creaking whenever I hit things on the trail. Seriously. Replaced every bearing, taken apart and cleaned and greased and reinstalled every part I can. Know what happens? creaky creaky creaky. It's something so simple, but it's kicking me squarely in the caboose.

ZG360, my point here is that it never goes right. You can be a master mechanic or a rocket scientist and you're still going to find something that kicks your butt once in a while. Take it as a good opportunity to learn something new! I know I can be a blunt instrument in conversations, as well as voicing a rude sense of humor at times and I know that maybe I've been a bit abrasive with you, but I don't want you to make bad decisions from being rushed and I really don't wish injury on you from riding a bad tire.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.