View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2016, 08:20 AM   #246
ZeroGravity360
Just sittin on my stool..

Name: Amanda

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
Street crud is normal, and folks normally clean it off so their brakes continue to function correctly...

You should look up the PDF maintenance / shop manual for your bike before doing anything... And read the whole operation before you start
Lol yeah, I had someone help me so I didn't read it gully. Plus, i have a hard time reading and understanding stuff with out seeing it visually too. The videos I watched on changing brakes, they didn't clean them before. I think imma do what invisibill suggested and take them apart to clean them. Now that I have a basic understanding of how to put them back on, I think it'll be okay. I'm going to get a bleeding kit to do that part this week. It's supposed to pour this entire week and this week is my vacation. Oh we'll, it give me plenty of time to do the maintenance needed. Plus now, when my tire arrives from csmith12 I can check my back brakes too, just to make sure things are working properly. I'm glad I asked though, I wouldn't have thought about the street crud thing. I'll look up maintenance on the pistons on YouTube so I can do it my self. I rather do it myself so I know what was done to it. Maybe bad experiences in shops lately, I rather know it's done right.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.