View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2016, 03:08 PM   #171
daverdfw
ninjette.org guru

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer x View Post
Yes first I clean the case edge with brake clean. Then use Honda bond and wipe the case edge with te Honda bond. But I wipe it clean using Honda bond. This sorta leaves a film or shows any areas that the Honda bond won't stick to.

Then I get everything ready for the case to go together. I start with the top upside down and lay in the crank and balance shaft and trans. Make sure the forks are all lined up with the drum and any pipes under the flywheel or clutch are in place. Then I put a thin layer of Honda bond on the bottom case. I use an acid brush and paint it on. Then allow it to skin up for a couple muinites. Make sure you have all the bolts ready and clean and lubed . Plus know which ones have the seal washers. I don't want to start figuring out anything at this point.
that makes sense, thanks! I guess I will start on that next, kidna weird this is the part I am most worried about. I am sure it will run, its the long term viability that frightens me! Oh well worst case its a salvage motor. You guys have been amazing with all of the help, I cant think you guys enough.
daverdfw is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.