Old August 30th, 2016, 11:05 AM   #27
VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalNinja250 View Post
So, if you were standing in front of someone pointing a gun your risk of being shot would be as much your responsibility as it would be theirs? Same logic, I'm just trying to understand the reasoning behind it being acceptable and appropriate to create new risk where there was none before.

Edit to add: Also, if there was someone in front of the car in front of you, would you still tailgate?

If one person creates risk, now both are responsible for that risk?
Well the person I'm pointing a gun at would have had to have done something to make me point a gun at them, and it is possible they could take the gun away from me and shoot me, so yes if I am pointing a gun at someone then I am at risk of being shot as well and they are just as responsible for any outcome as I am. Kind of like if a cop points a gun at you and you start reaching in your pants for your wallet you are responsible for getting shot.

I consider a person going less then the speed limit in the left lane like contributory negligence. They have created the situation, by breaking the law in every state, and can eliminate the situation by driving courteously and legally.

If someone in front of them is driving slow it is not their fault.