View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2009, 02:41 AM   #9
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Well, yeah, the engine sounds fine. The noise, on the other hand, sounds like echo/background noise that your mind tries to filter out, but it's there. In person it's obvious but in a recording you probably can't tell unless you knew what to listen for. You have to ignore the engine noise and listen for that...
"ssshhh---ssshhh--ssshhh-sssssssssssssssssss[...]sssssssssssssssssss-ssshhh--ssshhh---ssshhh"
...sound that is coming in sync with it (at lower speeds it clearly pulses with the engine, at higher speeds it sounds like wires dragging on the road if you can hear it over the wind noise. In person, it was obvious while accelerating/decelerating. At first, before I could tell that it wasn't wheel speed, I thought I had steel wool or something caught in my front brakes... this is with a taped up helmet with a wind skirt and a headset installed while listening to the radio.

But, well, it's gone now. I need to check for missing bolts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKr1 View Post
Says the have a rep for shims, not really for doing valve adjustments...

I like that link you posted. The aftermarket wiring on that bike makes me laugh.

Will have to listen to your audio file at home. < didnt really notice anything strange, you shifting gear while on stand?
Oh... and it wasn't on the stand. That was driving it around the parking lot.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote