View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2009, 04:41 AM   #47
Nny
ninjette.org member

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): Yamaha R6 (street), GSXR 750 (track) and a Harley FXDB

I reeeeaaally think some of you guys have the wrong idea on HD.

Its a cruiser - not a performance machine.
The only other bike I was looking at was a Yamaha midnight warrior. But the Harley was 2k cheaper, bigger gas tank, 6 gears, better mpg, and (from what I have heard/ read) a softer ride for cruising. So that won me over.

I could really go on..but I will just say that people should not be so quick to judge or bash. I was like that when I was in my teens, but I realized how hard it was going through life and learning new things by placing so many walls in front of myself.

Ahem - it is sad to see Buell shut down. I was never really into their bikes but I did have appreciation for them. A small company competing their 2 cyclinder motor against long standing giants such as Kawasaki, Honda and Yamaha and their inline 4 cyclinder engines.

While Buell was a part of HD - I would still say their marketing and design was still up to Buell. If Buell is going to close their doors is it really fact that the responsability was directly on the shoulders of HD? All companies are struggling right now. This isnt isolated to one. Honda motorcycles had closed some of their shops here in USA.

Alright, gotta stop there..I am at work after all.

Previous rides: Ninja 650, Ninja 250, Goldwing and a Nightster
Nny is offline   Reply With Quote