Old September 5th, 2016, 02:34 PM   #7
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post

Did you ever sleep during those 21 hours?

If not, how did you rest and recover from the sitting times/legs?
As Snake quoted, the only nap was a 10 minute one about 50 odd miles from home. I wasn't tired until the temps started dropping after midnight, and can usually do a 18-19 hour days without a nap. Usually, but some rides I have needed one midway.

During the ride, I tend to squirm around a lot, stretching everything I can constantly. I love wind pressure in that it helps pull my arms or legs if I stretch back or I can push against the wind by stretching forward. I have found a way to balance on the bike while stretching my leg straight out. Probably look stupid as heck, but whatever. I do get off the bike after 120-160 miles so can walk around and stretch there, or pull over to do a few jumping jacks. Those make me feel very silly indeed so I can usually clear any mental fog that has settled. For me, I've learned my body's signs for when I just need to walk around vs when I need to nap vs when I need to stop. I'm always mindful of those signs, they've kept me riding this long.

The next day is where things get interesting. If the ride is over, my brain rebels against any activity and I usually just veg around the house (much to the delight of my kitty cat). Yesterday, I felt like I had caught a cold or had an allergy attack so me and Netflix wasted away the morning. But today, mostly back to normal - or as normal as I get anyway.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote