View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2016, 05:19 AM   #8
VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Pretty much what everyone has said.

1. They are a very common beginner bike and almost every Craigslist ad I see mentions that fact.

2. Beginners make mistakes. When that happens plastic gets broken. My older son borrowed his little brothers Ninjette for a ride, it was only his 2nd or 3rd time riding after his BRC. Came to a tight corner, was going slow enough, but target fixated on the guardrail, locked the front brake on some gravel and did a nice slow low side under the guard rail. On a dirt bike he might have bent the clutch lever and that would be the only damage you see. On the Ninjette it was upper fairing, lower fairing and head light bracket messed up.

3. That plastic breaks very easy. It doesn't take much of a fall to bust it up. Foot slide out from under you as you come to a stop. Slip on some oil or gravel on the road as you come up to a stop light. Don't get the side stand down all the way. Park on some soft ground. The bike falls over and plastic breaks.

4. These bikes have been around for a long time. My daughters Ninjette is a 1989. That's 27 years of beginning riders. It's been dropped a lot.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote