View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2016, 12:32 AM   #1
nafango2
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R

I have no idea how I just crashed

Hi guys,

I'm sad to say I just dumped my 2012 250 special edition for the first time! This is my fourth season with this bike and i was hoping to keep it in good shape. Oh well :/

Anyway, I'm trying to learn from this experience, but I have no idea what happened! I was hoping you guys could help me figure it out!

I was riding in a dense city environment and was making a left turn at a stoplight. It was solid green, and as I entered the intersection first I slowed to let an oncoming car pass, then started accelerating as I entered the left turn at about 10 mph. As I rounded the 90 degree corner to the left, I had a deep lean going, but I've gone further down before. The next thing I knew, I was on the ground under the bike by the lefthand crosswalk where I had intended to turn. The bike had lowsided mid-turn. I stood up, quite dumbfounded as I checked myself for injuries, then shut off my bike. Luckily all I had was some minor road rash on my elbow.

Some girls standing on the corner ran up to check that I was alright. I asked them what happened, if I had hit anything or they saw sparks, and they said no, and that I was turning when my bike hit the ground and started sliding. You could tell from the scrape marks in the road that the bike had started sliding on its side near the center of the intersection and stopped over the crosswalk. The scrape marks were at least 15ft long. There was also a skid mark maybe 1-2 ft long immediately before the scrape marks. It was dry conditions with no oil on the road.

A few facts:
1) I was accelerating into the turn when the bike lowsided. I could have chirped the rear tire in a deep lean and that put me on the ground.
2) there was a smooth-top, hole-less manhole cover very close to where the skid stated, I could have hit this at a critical point in the turn and lost traction.
3) there were bits of plastic from what looked like a taillight. I could have skid one of these.
4) I could have gone too deep in the lean and lowsided.
5) ??

Anyone have any thoughts?

Also, does anyone know where I might be able to find fairings for my bike? Its one of these: http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...248ab2fd_b.jpg
I havent been able to find any on any online stores or on ebay.

Thanks!
nafango2 is offline   Reply With Quote