View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2016, 03:50 PM   #3
sickopsycho
One ugly son of a gun.

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
no preload adjuster on the pregen shock.
*dammit*
sounds like you setup the carb sync wrong.
So I put the two ends of a probably 5ft hose on the two nipples on the air/fuel side of the carb. One of the vacuum lines went to the shutoff vavle on the fuel tank... the other one went to... I cant remember. These two nipples were right on the top on the inside (cylinder side of venturi, not the seat side) and I had the hose running out and hanging down to the ground with approximately 12" of 10w40 motor oil in the center. As soon as I cranked the engine, the oil started going crazy. It went everywhere. I though, heck this might just be part of the process, so I cranked again- it started and sucked half the oil out and started running like crap. There was no way I could have accurately adjusted anything at this point, I was playing with the choke just to keep it running even though I had warmed it up for 20 minutes of running. Normally the bike will start with a half second crank in warm weather and no choke at all. Hope this gives some insight. I'm pretty sure I capped off the vacuum lines that were disconnected- one was a vapor line from the base of the fuel tank, the other was... again I don't remember. There were 2 though that I capped off. Perhaps the hose wasn't tightly sealed on the carbs? I made sure to get 1/4"ID tubing as the wiki called for...
sickopsycho is offline   Reply With Quote