View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2016, 01:32 PM   #28
redonninrf
ninjette.org member

Name: Randy

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R, 2017 Triumph Thruxton 1200 Classic (not the 'R')

My first bike was a TU250X which is similar in weight to a Ninjette. I had two of those magnets under the bike and didn't make an appreciable difference. Mounted them as low as possible under the frame, under the engine.

The brand I bought were difficult to mount as they didn't have any holes in them nor any indents along the side where a hose clamp might securely wrap around. They came with some sort of double sided tape but you could tell it would never hold. I would not buy them again and would not recommend them.

<rant> I hate those green light/red light laws they pass as a work-around. We've had three motorcycle fatalities in the Portland, OR area just in the last five days. Do we need more from some legislature who's never ridden and thinks running red lights is a safe solution?

I'm a software engineer. How hard is it to reprogram the lights to always turn green every other cycle even if no car trips a trigger? Or turn green every "n" minutes even if no car has tripped a trigger? </rant>
redonninrf is offline   Reply With Quote