View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2016, 04:43 AM   #3
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Yeah, that'll do real well when a texting teen takes you out, you go flying through the air and your spandex-pajama "Vision Next 100" suit winds up skidding down the road with you in it.

Yesterday a falling acorn pinged off my fairing at 80 mph. Just sayin'.

Why do these pointless exercises always wind up looking like the bastard child of a TRON LightCycle and the Batcycle? Ergonomic disasters with ridiculously fat tires that scream “cornering is for p*ssies!” Handgrips three feet apart, with a seat that forces you into an extreme tuck... with no place to rest your chest. Design from people who OBVIOUSLY do not actually ride.

Spend the money on useful R&D instead, eh? Show real innovation in materials, powerplants, control systems, energy management…

Instead of a mythical "zero-emissions drive unit" made of pure handwavium, how about a hybrid bike using ohmygosh REAL, EXISTING technology, for example? Push the envelope in a direction that can actually become to pass. Just look at the current gen of F1 powerplants for inspiration.

How about a bike with adjustable suspension and ergonomics for different uses? Urban relaxed for commuting, sportbike for canyon carving, tall and upright for ADV.

How about easy-to-customize bodywork so you can go sport, touring, hipster naked at will?

How about experiments with advanced materials and manufacturing methods to radically rethink structures and weight? Imagine what you could do with a 3D printer and advanced materials....

There’s lots of room to innovate and envision without this kind of nonsense wasting everyone’s time.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote