View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2009, 08:50 PM   #109
kkim

10/17:
11:00am - Jon looks better since I last saw him. He currently has his eyes closed but the swelling in his arms have gone down to almost where it's unnoticeable. He still has minimal swelling in his legs but they've also gone down considerably.

9:00pm - Jon had his eyes open and I showed him our Peru book. He looked at the pictures and followed my finger to where I pointed. His last temperature check read 100 but he seems comfortable.

10/18
10:30am - According to Dr. Patel, they started Jon on Provigil (the drug that helps the waking process) a couple of days ago. They want to see how he responds to the drug. The doctor also mentioned that they are going to take x-rays of Jon's hands and arms and possibly consider Botox to help alleviate the posturing. He said the swelling in Jon's arms and legs have gone down (mentioned before) and that they will continue to give him antibiotics to fight off possible infections. Unfortunately, he also mentioned that the insurance company is pressuring Jon's discharge into another skilled nursing or rehab. They initially advised our caseworker last week, but Jon was not ready to move as he had swelling and infections. We're not sure when/how/where it will be yet.

via: Penny
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote