View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2016, 08:31 AM   #1717
lolibater
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ZX6R, 2011 Sprint GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
My own personal experience with Ecotrons, a GPz250 kit on a Yamaha twin, is that if you have any sort of odd thing happen then first up reflash, then reload the last known good setup. Even if you compare what might be in the ECU itself with a saved of copy of the same configuration and find no difference I have found that a reflash corrects something. Difficulty starting was one issue that was instantly corrected with a reflash and reload. Even between dyno runs. Sometimes I would make a change and it would go off and have a problem and not start. Reverting to the configuration prior to the change it still would not start. Reflash more often than not fixed the problem.
I had an ECU from the batch with the problem where a wire, or wires, on the connector was a bit long and was intermittently touching the case of the ECU. I suspected this was causing issues but even after trimming all the wires down and insulating the case for good measure I still had the problem. I found this problem before Ecotrons admitted the problem and got round it by electrically isolating the ECU from the chassis.
A good indicator that the ECU is having a problem is that the TPS gauge will not budge off 0% until the throttle is open anywhere from 10-50%.
That's all great, but I'll need to be walked through all that. Since I sold the Ninja 250 about 2+ years ago, I have forgot how to do all that. I have no files, but I do still have the laptop I used to set it up for the first time.