View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2016, 07:28 AM   #181
FrugalNinja250
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaFish View Post
Well that was a surprise when I woke up this morning.

I swore off TV and news web sites all day yesterday.

To all those Hillary supporters that feel upset, just remember the republicans felt the same way 8 years ago, and 4 years ago. The country is still here, it didn't fall apart and it will certainly last another 4 years and we get to go through this crap all over again.
It's hard to know how many Americans will die as a direct and indirect result of Trump and his party, how badly the US and world economy will be damaged for the upcoming decades. It only took the far right conservatives a few years to take the robust and growing Clinton economy with its shrinking debt and budget surplus and turn it into a near total world economic collapse. In many ways the American and world economies are still recovering from the Bush economic collapse.

Trump's win is based on hate, racism, misogyny, and fear. It's founded on voter oppression and suppression, on Comey's interference in the election, in gerrymandering. I am ashamed for my country, and I truly fear where Trump's incompetence and hate will take us. The economic collapse will be far worse than the Bush recession because we don't have as as far to fall as we did from the Clinton economy.

I am sure of a few things. Roe v. Wade will be reversed, most likely completely. We will be going back to a time when rape and incest victims were forced to give birth, a time when women died from back-alley abortions. Perhaps we'll even become a nation where pregnancy tests are government regulated and results tracked, to ensure that every positive results in a duly-recorded baby or a murder charge. Imagine a nation where being in possession of an unregistered pregnancy test is a felony; I can.

Did you know that until the mid 1970's there were states where it was a crime for a doctor to mention or discuss birth control with her patient? Doctors went to prison.

How many Mathew Sheppards are we going to have as American hate of those who are "different" is given power by Trump? Racism, discrimination, bigotry, all of those are embodied in Trump's win. How long before he sets up concentration camps for Muslims and Mexicans. Think it can't happen here? We did it in World War II to Americans of Japanese descent. They were stripped of their property which was sold off to the highest bidders. It's now no longer a question of if, but when.

With the gutting and ultimate appeal of the ACA millions of Americans will lose meaningful access to health care, effectively being thrown to the wolves. Tens of thousands will die as a direct result of that alone. I will be one of those.

Many more Americans will die in the wars that will inevitably result from Trump's mishandling of foreign policy that will embolden Putin's drive to rebuild the USSR to his vision of its former power and glory, that will give Xi of China the free reign he wants to expand China's power around the world. Our first war will likely be with China, and likely it will progress to nuclear threats or worse.

Even though it will be more than two months before Trump takes power, his win will bring out his supporters here on Ninjette who are going to go into attack mode. I have no interest in being subjected to that nastiness, that hate, nor do I have any interest in seeing it done to others. It's not a lack of toughness, no, it's just a lack of interest. I've got more interesting things to do. Learning Japanese is one of those things, as is learning to play piano.

With that I say goodbye, so long, and thanks for all the fish.

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.