View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2016, 10:38 PM   #23
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Otherwise, there's tons of controlled learning to do on the street at a safe pace that won't put you in unnecessary danger. But that's been covered in other threads.
There are a few decent spots I've found. I've also learned to not tell anyone about them, because I told one guy about my favorite spot, and plenty of people started racing there, then the cops showed up and it's no longer a nice spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
How much is your life worth? What you learn could save your life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
In between station parking, train fare, subway fare and any given activity, every time I go into NYC it seems to cost me a hundred bucks if I do anything at all except wander around.

The last time I wanted to go to a concert the tix would have cost me $200 each. I passed on that one.

A nice dinner for me and my wife? $125 plus.

Sure the track costs more than these things, but the point is that in the grand scheme of things it's not INSANELY expensive.

You don't need to be rich to afford the track. It's a matter of diverting money from other stuff you're doing now, for a little while.

It. is. worth. every. penny.
I don't think you fellas understand how much a college boy like me has to count his pesos. I eat a lot of dried beans and take the ninjette, even in really unfavorable conditions, to save on $ (I'm aware of the arguments on both sides of car v bike in terms of $, but in my particular circumstances, the ninjette is cheaper). The car's there just to keep me alive on the days where it's raining at a 90 degree angle to the ground. It's only insured for a couple thousand miles a year.

I should be transferring to a 4-year soon enough, so I'll likely be able to within the foreseeable future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
If you didn't live in Cali you'd have the money to go to the track once a month. The cost of living in Cali is "very high".
I'm north enough that it's basically like living in Oregon. If I lived in the city, that'd be true, but it's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
You might try looking for a supermoto track day in your area. Here I can get on that little track for $40 for the whole day. I'm sure they wouldn't have any problem with a Ninja 250.
I tried calling a local sumo club but they weren't okay with it.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote