Thread: A Racer's Brain
View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2017, 07:52 PM   #1
SpeedCraft
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Warren

Motorcycle(s): None currently

A Racer's Brain

Hi, I'm new to the Ninjette forums (first post). I found the site following a thread that came up when I was googling for longitudinal tire force graphs. My background is mainly in car racing, but I used to ride quit a bit in my youth, including attending the Cal Super bike School a couple of times back in the day at Laguna Seca.

Anyway, I saw the type of discussions you all have here in the Riding Skills forum, and thought I'd post links to some information that you might find interesting or useful.

I've spent that last 30 years thinking about why I was fast in a race car, why so many other driver were slow, and why the slower drivers made very little or no progress regardless how how much track time or coaching they got.

My thoughts, opinions, research, etc. has been compiled into what I call SpeedCraft. and I've put the information (free, with no ads) on my website www.intuitivespeed.com

Much of the information on my site should be applicable to bikes because the mental processes should be pretty similar between drivers & riders.

Anyway, some of the topics that are covered (in excruciating detail) are:

Info about the learning process:
Types of knowledge
Learning Stages
Learning strategies for Racers

Info about Mental skills:
Reducing the Sensation of Speed
Confidence for Racers
Concentration for Racers
Staying in the Zone
Memory for Racers

Training techniques:
Imagery Training for Racers
Race Walking (described for cars, but easily adapted to bikes)

Thanks,
Warren Chamberlain
SpeedCraft is offline   Reply With Quote

7 out of 7 members found this post helpful.