View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2017, 02:30 PM   #22
Zaph42
ninjette.org sage

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 (race), Ninja 1000 (road)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickopsycho View Post
I forgot to mention that this bike, while a 2012, only has 2000 miles on it... and I put 1000 of those (very light riding). So- bearing wear is unlikely. The tires I have on the bike *I think* are the ones that came from the factory. It is a Road Winner RX-01F. Below is a picture of the wear...
Interesting story about my bike, it had 500 miles on it when I got it. I took it to the track and started the day with good bearings and ended the day with bad bearings. Only 100 miles of track time did it. I had brand new dunlop race tires on at the time.

A new set of All Balls tapered bearings solved my problem with no other work. Not only that, I could feel a difference in the bike, it felt more planted and stable in corners.

In general I get the feeling that people chasing after tire or wheel issues are likely barking up the wrong tree. But nobody wants it to be the bearings because they are a huge pain in the ass to change out. Hard to DIY in your garage and expensive to bring in. But it's something I recommend every ninjette owner do, even those who don't have a head shake problem yet.