View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2017, 06:59 AM   #18
sickopsycho
One ugly son of a gun.

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Don't ride like a sicko or psycho and your bike will love you for it.
Thanks for contributing meaningful information to this conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanoue View Post
How many months since the last oil change?

If it's close to a year then that is your problem.
4months. Oil is doubtedly the issue, probably my technique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
I'd say just slowdown on the shifts and use more clutch.

The Ninja's trans isn't super sport-spec, so what works on a bike with race credentials (R6, ZX6, etc) isn't going to work the same on the little Ninja.

If there's been some grinding going on, it may be a good time to change the oil.

Rotella T6 is just fine, but it is on the thin side for a 40-grade and does breakdown even lower. I used to run it in my SV, but after 1000 mi or so I felt the shifting degraded. Now I run a cycle-specific synthetic and the shifting doesn't change between oil changes.
This is probably what's going on. I am new to riding and in all reality mostly taught myself. Nobody showed me how lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Why?
Because.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Wolfe View Post
Shifting at full throttle sounds like the way you would ride a 125 cc two stroke mx bike. The ninjette isnt going to like it.

Personally I use the clutch on the 1-2 upshift, then go clutchless up thru 6. I clutch the downshifts. Works for me, ymmv. Mine tends to pop out of gear on occasion if I go clutchless on the 1-2 shift.
I actually read that clutch less shifting wasn't good for the bike either. I guess though it kind of is my bad. I'll try working on my technique and slowing it down a bit.
Thanks guys!
sickopsycho is offline   Reply With Quote