View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2017, 02:30 PM   #6
Illegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer x View Post
Welcome
First off , is the bike inspected?
Getting past the tag and title part of a custom build is important. And does Florida have annual inspections?

All the lights look great and would work. The mask looking light is good for covering things and has a bit of wind protection. But all will need to be mounted with some sort of fabrication. Can you make brackets and fixtures.? Do you have a welder a grinder and drill press?

The 29 dollar dash is insanely cheap. Same dash from Koso is 300 and even just the wiring package alone is 45 dollars. So 29 dollars seems to good . Remember you get what you at for.

Someone else will have to address mounting straight bars. I have never done it with a 250
Ninja. The top clamp is kinda funny to bolt bars on. There are riser bars that clamp the fork tubes .

Definitely love pictures. Avoid wheelies with the 250 ninja . The frame is not good for much of that

Its insanely easy to register a motorcycle in florida. No insurance, no inspection, no helmet, no registration fee. Bike doesn't even need to exist you can walk into any tag agency with a title and walk out with plate. Just did mine yesterday only cost $114.65 for the title transfer and sales tax.
I do however plan on eventually heading back up to new York which does require all that. If there's going to be an issue then I should probably just get that whole assembly thing its cheaper anyway then buying separate turn signals.

Do you know if I can put any LED bulbs in any headlight or does it have to be specific? do i have to get separate conversion hardware? for mounting I don't have any of those tools. I was planing on just going to home depot and buying some brackets. then drilling holes wherever i can and attach with nuts and bolts. I'm going to just go ahead and order the headlight.

I'm gonna hold of on ordering that dash until i get some more info. I don't want to waste my time and money on something that wont work. For now ill try to leave the old dash and hide it behind the headlight fairing. Maybe chop it up a bit to make it fit.

Not gonna worry about the handle bars for now until i do more research and wait for the other parts to arrive.

I don't even know how to wheelie. Right now I'm just trying to work on my cornering.