View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2017, 06:03 AM   #1876
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
3 what? you've built 3 carbon frame bicycles and ridden all of them?
What are the results?

Quote:
I believe the company you're looking for is Giant. Their factories are largest in Taiwan but also have plants in China and the Netherlands. They produce most carbon frames for other manufacturers. except for the prissy bitches like specialized, or felt or pinarello

Giant's prowess doesn't mean all taiwanese or chinese bikes are good. that's ****ing racist bro.
No, I did not specify a single bicycle company.

I was making a statement that most bicycle equipment in the world are made in China/Taiwan; not limited to high-end bicycle equipment.
And name-brand company like Specialized, Felt, Pinarello and many other brand use Chinese/Taiwanese manufactured products as their own. May not be frames, but other cycling equipment.

I never said all Chinese/Taiwanese bikes are good, I only stated that most cycling equipment are made there. Read more carefully.
I speak fluent Chinese because I respect the people that I conduct business with instead of generalizing their product by internet rumors.

Quote:
the geo isnt going to make that much of a difference, except maybe softening it up with more elaborate stuff like the stupid pinarelo kris style fork.
the type of carbon they use is much more important. and how its layed. if you want a light bike, you need something like toray fibers. layed correctly.
cheap chinese bikes aren't going to be made out of toray. and the lay pattern for different strength CF is going to be different. a cheap chinese bike is going to be cheap cf with lower strength. simply because the cost of those fibers is fixed. you can't buy toray cheaper in china than you can else where.
Do you have a source of your toray fiber purchase pricing?

Do you know how much a typical Chinese/Taiwanese carbon frame manufacturer purchase annually in toray fiber?

Have you done testing of any Chinese/Taiwanese carbon frame side-by-side vs any other carbon frames?

Quote:
so $300 frame? at 700g? it's going to flex all to hell or break a chain stay or down tube or something. $300 carbon frame at 1000g? sure. absolutely. go wild.
Is that from personal experience of building your own carbon frame at 700g?
or just speculation?

You make all these claims in your post without providing sources or evidence of your personal experience with results.
"A" is offline   Reply With Quote