View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2017, 07:28 PM   #31
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Ever have one of those days that you just woke up and wanted to sit in a corner all day and just not do anything? Yeah, one of those days today. I pulled myself out of the funk later on thank goodness. I used to just go for a motorcycle ride when I had days like today. I do miss my little ninja when I feel down!

I have to play trombone this weekend in the orchestra. I have one problem though, I have barely played it in a month. I almost want to just bring my alto sax and play that instead. I prefer the flute overall though. We had rehearsal on Tuesday and I was having so many problems until I warmed up. I was never a big into the trombone since after 6th grade, so it comes as no surprise to me that it has sat for the time it has sat. I like valves and keys too much I guess. lol

So here is my deal, I've played brass my entire musical career through high school. I will be officially switching my main instrument from trombone to alto sax and flute after Easter (but I have a feeling my director may want me to keep playing it until the summer). I'm debating on what to do with the t-bone though. Keep it, sell it for maybe $100, or donate to the church? I'm selling my violin, which I hope will give me a solid 350-400. The trombone may fetch 100, but I'm not totally sure. So, optimistically, I may have $500 in my pocket (put towards another instrument?).

Or should I just keep it since I won't get much cash for it? Ideas? Side note, I have two similar mouthpieces, one large, and a brand spanking new 12C that I got a couple of months ago. I may be able to sell those independently for a little extra cash (maybe 100-150 extra).

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote