View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2009, 12:09 PM   #11
CRXTrek
FORMER MOTORCYCLE RIDER

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): Rode an 08 250r then rode an 08 ZX-6R until i totaled it on 7/10/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
What do you mean it vibrates like crazy on the highway? That shouldn't happen on that bike unless the vibrations are coming from the tires and bad roads.

And be careful, you should be able to break the speed limits in first gear and the bike probably doesn't start to feel alive until about 9,000 RPM

You don't really need a rear stand to set the suspension, you just need two friends. One friend is in the front and keeps the bike from falling over. The other friend either lifts the rear section up or pushes it down to set sag (taking into account the friction in the shock). Opposite when doing the front suspension. I would definitely do some reading on the subject of setting up the suspension, and try it before going to a shop. That way when they are doing the suspension you know what questions to ask so that you have a better understanding of the process.

Also keep in mind that proper setting for the street and proper settings for the track are going to be different.
Fixed
CRXTrek is offline   Reply With Quote