View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2017, 06:58 PM   #49
daverdfw
ninjette.org guru

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliusmichaelhonrada View Post
you need a bearing that will give you the proper journal to bearing clearance(0.031mm -0.059mm) after the journal had been worked on. 1st you need to know how much mm of material the machinist will remove on the journal then find your stock bearing size , then add the material that was remove to the stock bearing size

example your crank big end journal was 30.00mm your stock bearing was a brown color coded so its 1.480mm-1.485mm thick, the machinist needs to remove about 0.005mm - 0.010mm of material from the crank journal. so the bearing you need will be the next color code black(oversize) with the size of 1.485mm-1.490mm .

After that, to further confirm this you need to use plastigage to measure the bearing to journal clearance when the conrod caps are torqued to spec 27 N-m(20 ft/lb).

The acceptable journal to bearing clearance is 0.031mm-0.059mm

makes sense, I have plastigauge from my last 250 rebuild. 20ft on the conrod caps? The ones I took off were definitely not at 20, they took quite a bit of strength for me to bust them loose. I wonder if thats why the one failed? connrod torqued down too tightly?
daverdfw is offline   Reply With Quote