View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2017, 07:43 AM   #35
Racer x
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
I have been riding this cafe racer a lot since I rebuilt it for the street. It performs really well and is a huge amount of fun. It is fantastic to be able to test and tune the engines for my race bike and I love it.
The only complaint is the riding position. It is still a race bike and puts a lot of weight
On my wrists. Good for a mile ,but long rides are not great. Plus the flat position is not good for visibility and law enforcement may frown on a rider in a full tuck . As opposed to a more upright position at the same speed.

So I decided to move the bars from below the top fork clamp to above the clamp. I moved the forklegs up about 1/2 inch and clamped the clip on bars to them. This tiny change transformed the bike.

Now I can actually take my hands off the bars . I am not forced to use my stomach mussels to support my body.

From the the stock 250 ninja these are the total changes made.
The rear suspension is up one inch. I used different links for this. Front is down two inch. The custom 1.5 gallon tank is Five inches lower than a stock tank.

Seat is down about four inches. The whole rear section of the frame is custom made . The bars are four inches lower than stock. And the foot pegs are down two inches and back one. This makes the bike very thin and low. It feels super nimble and weighs about 310 lb with fuel.