View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2009, 11:13 PM   #35
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by revstriker View Post
Looking up traffic code for the State of GA shows that they do not consider a car in violation of the red light if it enters the intersection on a yellow light (40-6-21). The "Do Not Block the Intersection" signs are different. These normally require you not to enter the intersection if you can not pull through it. You can be in violation of this, even if you enter the intersection on a green light. I couldn't find reference to this in the GA code, but it is written this way in other states. For example, in Ohio it reads: "No driver shall enter an intersection or marked crosswalk or drive onto any railroad grade crossing unless there is sufficient space on the other side of the intersection, … to accommodate the vehicle... without obstructing the passage of other vehicles… pedestrians, or railroad trains…"
Right. GA is one of those states that allows it... as long as you are past the stop line when it turns red and there are no "Do Not Block" signs. I came from there thinking that every state allowed it. I was wrong. Perhaps having nothing referencing the "Do Not Block" signs is why they said that my mother ran a red light when she did not (it was green, not even yellow, when she entered an intersection in Peachtree City, GA and failed to complete). She was wrongly fined for running a red light. It didn't even matter that she was over 60yo and had no prior tickets.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote