Thread: Bicycles!
View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2017, 07:05 AM   #1974
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
That sounds very nice. Kerr Lake is owned by the Army Corp of Engineers, and most private property starts about 20' above the mean water level, so the lake is surrounded by trees for most of the shoreline. Also, the level varies quite a bit, requiring floating piers, so it's not as popular as the next lake downstream, Lake Gaston. It gets busy here on summer weekends, but weekdays are pretty calm, and once school starts in the late summer, it's very quiet until school gets out the following spring.

I bought a used Little River Regatta this spring, and have been trying to develop decent technique. It seems to be the type used in open water racing, or at least very similar. I'm past trying to stay in the boat, and concentrate on things like hand position, not starting back and arm extension until about 70% leg extension, etc.. But with all the bike riding I do, I'm amazed at how hard and fast I have to row (scull) to get my heart rate up to where it gets when I'm climbing a hill on a bike.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote