View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2017, 11:05 AM   #4
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliGrrl View Post
Somebody told me that if someone really wants to steal my bike, they'll just put the front on a skateboard and roll it off, but I can't plan for every contingency. I mean, what do you do, put a lockdown ring in the pavement to lock the bike to?
I don't know what it is, but some people have this fatalist attitude when it comes to bike security. "No matter what you do, a determined thief will take your bike." While that's true, does it mean anything? Do these people think it makes them sound smart? If I wrapped my bike in a 3-foot radius of chain every time I got off it, I could be about as sure as I possibly could be that nobody's going to take it. I'm also sure that someone, somewhere, could successfully steal a bike under those conditions, but I'm REALLY not concerned with them.

It boggles my mind. By that logic, I shouldn't wear gear, either. Because a determined angry motorist could kill me and there's nothing I can do about that. I'd like to see these people just sign their pink slip, leave the key in their ignition, and write a eulogy for their bike every time they park it. Otherwise, they're not helping and don't really believe the things they're saying.

/rantover

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfkrocks View Post
The shackle on mine snapped on it's own. Alarm started acting weird before that too. Didn't feel like paying a lot again for something that snaps on it's own when it's supposed to help secure my bike. I have a Kryptonite U-lock style disc brake lock with no alarm now.
How is that even possible? Like, you tried to unlock it and it snapped? That sounds awful. I think I'll get a different lock but I also want more deetz if that's okay.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.