Thread: Bicycles!
View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2017, 05:34 PM   #1978
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Thanks Bill. I found it on Craigslist for $1,800 for the whole setup and after reading about the boat, decided it was a good opportunity, and bought it. It's about eight years old, but in very nice shape. Most teachers these days seem to be recommending that you use most of your leg stroke before getting the back and then arms into it. To me it makes a lot of sense, because I have to be careful with my back, and separating legs from back allows me to get a lot of power from my legs, and then use my back a little more carefully.

Funny you mentioned chop... today the local airports and private weather stations were reporting what the Intellicast and TV station weather reports were predicting... 10 mph wind. When I got out there on the lake, it kicked up and made some serious whitecaps. I estimate it was more like a steady 20 mph, and I got a couple gusts that picked up the blade of an oar on the backstroke and startled me. I stayed in the narrow end of the creek to avoid the big chop. I have a couple miles of the narrow part, so it worked out fine. I didn't have any trouble with balance, but wonder what the calm water shells would be like in those conditions.
Triple Jim is online now   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.