View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2017, 04:16 PM   #12
CaliGrrl
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
I'm the same! I like a skill done well. I love the feeling of being on the bike. I love carving a curve well.

I also love roller coasters but there's not really much danger there. I'm not scared and I don't really want to be. Scuba diving, too- it's cool but I don't do it for an adrenaline rush.

The most common comment I hear when people see my helmet is that riding a bike is dangerous. Well, it can be. Would you like it to be? You can certainly ride that way. Or you can ride conservatively, within limits of skill, and it's not quite so dangerous. I choose a bit more conservative riding style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
I run into this all the time. Because of the stuff I've enjoyed in my life -- flying, whitewater kayaking, race car driving, motorcycles on and off the track -- I'm constantly being labeled as an adrenaline junkie.

I'm not. Really. But nobody believes me. Was just discussing it last night with my wife. She doesn't believe me either.

I don't LIKE being scared. I don't LIKE being on the edge. I don't WANT to get hurt.

What I do like is the precision of executing a skill. The dynamism of the experience. But always within my limits.

Anyone else encounter this?
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.