View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2017, 11:09 AM   #19
Wanderer
ninjette.org member

Name: Ruben

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 and 1991 Yamaha Virago XV750

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliGrrl View Post
That's awesome that your little bike works for so much of your life. Life on two wheels!!!
Yeah Kerry. It fits my philosophy of life. It's not about a certain motorcycle model or type. I was just looking for a way to minimize, simplify and lower my cost of living. Not because I have to, but because I want to. In all honesty, it's all about self happiness.

I like to daypack travel. I like to carry almost nothing with me when I travel. I spent 2 months recently in Mexico and Belize travelling on buses with just a daypack with a few t-shirts, extra underwear and an extra pair of shorts. Slept in hostels when they felt safe. I washed my few clothes in the hostel/hotel sink at night. I ate local and never went to bars(bought beer from little stores). I simply loved it! I didn't have any reservations or schedule, I don't speak a word of Spanish.

I'm 65+ years old, over weight, not in great shape, but I love to live life to the fullest. I walked 800 miles of the Appalachian Trail over 4 months with only a backpack about 10 years ago.

I live in an old 1970s travel trailer in a 55+ RV park. Not because that is all I can afford, but because I can save my money to travel every so often. The answer is to live cheaply with little so you can afford more adventures when they present themselves.

People say to me, "Oh, I wish I could do that!" You can!!! Just set priorities in life.

Peace
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.